Next Generation Office Ergonomics Software For Today’s Risks
- The 2013 report from the American Osteopathic Association, similar to recent
reports in Europe, examines the impact of office ergonomics on discomfort
today, raising a dialog considering “How did employers get to this outcome?“
(see December’s article).
- More than 2 in 3 office workers have experienced pain at work in the last six months.
- Most common pain areas: Low Back 63%, Neck 53%, Shoulder 38% and Wrist 33%.
- More than 70% of office workers spend 5+ hours sitting at their desks each day.
- Almost all (94%) office workers can name work habits that boost their aches and pains.
- Many office workers are willing to try techniques to help prevent or ease their pain.
- Nearly 1 in 4 believe physical pain is just a standard part of having an office job.
- More than 9 in 10 would be willing to do stretches or similar exercises during work
to improve how they feel.
Separate from the AOA report, a few months ago the American Medical Association adopted new
formal policies (see November’s article) acknowledging the newly understood consequences of
prolonged sitting while at work and encouraging employers to find ways to counter the issue.
Risk Spectrum Hardens, Tools Must Harden
Most everyone can remember a time when office ergonomics seemed, well, simpler. In fact, our past
practices worked well enough during the decades when they were conceived and first put into use, but
the world has changed significantly since then. A great deal more is known today about work physiology
in the office and the at-work impacts of an employee’s lifestyle and activities outside of the office, further hardening the clear and present risk threats we face today.
Most importantly, common sense tells us that when our risks evolve, then our risk mitigation practices
must evolve also, or our effectiveness and results will deteriorate.
Specifically Designed For Ease of Adoption
You can protect all of your computer users forever with ErgoSuite for less than the cost of one disabling injury. Employers around the globe, with 50 to 150,000 employees using ErgoSuite every day, trust our solutions. Designed to manage Risk Evolution, our widely-used software solutions are used by successful professionals who understand that after workstation assessment, improvement and awareness training,
everything depends on employee behaviors.
Simply empowering employees with ErgoSuite is a huge win to start – since you’re immediately providing
a solution which will help them forge new behaviors. Then, let ErgoSuite do what it does best and, later
on when you’re ready for a next step, you’ll have precious hard data from your operations to more easily
identify and neutralize evolving office ergonomics risks, measure, report, prioritize and effectively act –
before small problems become big issues.
Your ErgoSuite makes it very simple, straightforward and automated where the goal is more capability
and less work for you with outstanding results.
Our formula is simple: Our success begins with your success.
We appreciate your time and interest.
Systemwide Stats Since Jan 1, 2013
Case Study: Sustainable Success
Click chart for performance details.
New! Subscribe To Our Newsletter